Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spanx #1

As I watch the Academy Awards, I wonder how much Spanx is in the building.  The women look beautiful in their sleek, form-fitting sparkly gowns, so I KNOW they have some on.  I hear the men are starting to wear it too!  It is about time the men got a turn at feeling poured into their clothes. 

It was a joke around our house growing up - back then it was called a girdle.  My mother wore one every day.  And when she got home from work or church, she would always say "I can't wait to get my girdle off."  Then it got where we all would say that even though none of us really had one on.  My dad said it often.  That was really funny!  I bet the Academy Award room is full of folks who can't wait to get home to get their girdles off.

No comments:

Post a Comment