Friday, February 25, 2011

Wow, what a day in the life of me!  It was another snowy day in upstate New York.  Since the boss is out of town, and today is my co-worker's day off, I decided to drive the 45 miles to work  in spite of the weather.  I would not have done it, but felt responsible since I would be the only one there.  Halfway there, on I90, my car began slipping on the road.  I lost control of the vehicle and hit the guard rail, bounced off, and hit it again.  I got out to look at the damage just as an 18-wheeler sped by, splashing me with dirty slush from the road.  My car was not drivable, so I got back in, put on my seat belt, and called my insurance agency.  They called a tow truck for me. 

Meanwhile, a policeman pulled up behind me.  He asked, and I told him what happened.  He immediately went to check on the guard rail!  Thanks a lot pal!  The tow truck arrived and I sat in the cab while he loaded my car.  Suddenly, I felt a jolt and realized that another vehicle had struck the tow truck.  I could not believe it!!   It did not seem like much of a hit, but I realized that the impact had jarred my tethered car so that one tire was half off the flatbed.  That was not the good news.  Chris, the tow driver, came to me wide-eyed.  The other car came so close to hitting him, he felt the bumper brush his coat.  I told him to buy a lottery ticket today - he is the luckiest man I know. 

2 comments:

  1. I get to be your first follower! yeah, a first. you can check out my blog too. Love you and miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That sounds like an awful experience! I hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete